Dear SUNYIT Community,
New Year greetings! I hope that your holiday season has provided many opportunities for family and friends to share good times and relaxation as we look forward to 2013.
With the arrival of the New Year today, I invite you to take a moment to reflect on the last 12 months. For SUNYIT, it has been a remarkable year. Together, we overcame many challenges, and there were many, many bright moments in 2012:
* The Launch of our civil engineering program
* SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher's SUNY Regional Showcase in the field house
* Two visits from Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, the second just a few weeks ago when he reviewed construction plans for the Computer Chip Commercialization Center
* The NEAC women's basketball finals
* An anime convention
* Our nanotechnology forums
* A celebration of the completed Wildcat Field House
* The launch of both the President's and Provost's Lecture Series
* The announcement of the Center for Global Advanced Manufacturing
* Two visits from Congressman Richard Hanna, who announced legislation to support STEM education
* The dedication of Peter A. Spina Field
All these events and activities plus an impressive array of academic and athletic achievements: What a year this has been! I am proud to say that we have grown stronger as an institution, and I am thankful that the future is bright for SUNYIT.
Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to contribute to SUNYIT's success. Please enjoy the rest of your break, and let’s look forward with great anticipation to the New Year; best wishes for continued success! As always, you can share your comments, questions and suggestions with me by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no comments to this post(Back to President's Blog | Write a Comment | Subscribe)
facebook | del.icio.us | digg | stumbleupon | RSS | slashdot | twitter