Deadline 2/7/13 to Apply for a NYS Grant (Financial Aid)
NYS Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Grant Application
Application deadline: February 7, 2013
How to Apply: Complete the attached Aid for Part Time Study Application and attach a signed copy of your IT 201 NYS 2011 Tax Return.
Who is eligible for APTS?
To be considered for an APTS award, a student must:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Be a legal resident of New York State
- Have graduated from a high school in the United States, earned a GED, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department
- Be enrolled as a part-time student
- Be matriculated in an approved program of study in a participating New York State secondary institution
- Be in good academic standing – have achieved at least a cumulative C average after having received the equivalent of two full years of payment of state-sponsored student financial aid
- Be charged at least $100 tuition per year
- Not have exhausted Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) eligibility
- Not be in default on a student loan guaranteed by HESC or on any repayment of state awards
- Meet income eligibility limitations
Note: In addition to the above, students who received a state-sponsored award for the first time in the 1996-1997 academic year and thereafter must be a high school graduate, or receive the equivalent of a high school certificate, or receive a passing grade on a federally approved examination
Please email the application and NYS tax return to the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or fax to 315-792-7220. For further assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office at 315-792-7210.
(Back to Student Announcements | Write a Comment | Subscribe)
facebook | del.icio.us | digg | stumbleupon | RSS | slashdot | twitter