Ways to Give
Phonathon Student Caller Job Description
The SUNYIT Phonathon is seeking to hire a group of responsible, enthusiastic students to serve as Student Callers for the 2013-2014 academic year. Each year, our Phonathon program contacts thousands of alumni, parents and friends in order to strengthen the relationship between these individuals and SUNYIT.
Our Phonathon Student Callers will reach out to these individuals over the phone to give campus updates, notify them about upcoming events, collect Class Notes for the Bridge magazine and to speak about the importance of supporting SUNYIT by making an annual gift to the SUNYIT Fund.
The Fall 2013 Phonathon will take place from Saturday, October 19th to Wednesday, October 30th. The Spring 2014 Phonathon will take place in March/April. Calling hours will be 6:00pm to 9:15pm on weekdays and 12:30pm to 4:00pm on weekends. Mandatory staff training will be scheduled once the availability of the Phonathon Student Callers is determined.
Phonathon Student Caller Job Responsibilities
- Must be a professional representative of SUNYIT and the SUNYIT Foundation at all times
- Must be a good listener and have the ability to engage in meaningful conversation
- Must be motivated to be a successful fundraiser for SUNYIT
- Must be able to think quickly and answer accurately when responding to questions and/or concerns from our alumni, parents and friends
- Must attend and participate in mandatory (paid) staff training sessions prior to the start of calling
- Must be well organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must assure that all personal information will be handled confidentially
- Must be a full-time SUNYIT student
- Must have a Social Security Number (or present documentation of application in process)
- Must be able to complete a W-4 Form
- No prior experience is necessary, but you must have enthusiasm for the position and be willing to learn!
Why become a Phonathon Student Caller?
- Salary starts at $7.50 per hour with prizes and bonuses based on performance and attendance
- Raises for returning callers, up to an hourly rate of $10.00
- Flexible schedule
- Casual work environment
- Résumé builder
- Networking opportunities with Alumni
- Develop and practice valuable communication skills
- Gain real-world experience through an on-campus job
- Apply now to be a Phonathon Student Caller
Completed applications for the Fall 2013 semester are due by Wednesday, October 2nd.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org