One function of the Office of Human Resources is to administer employee benefits. SUNYIT offers its employees a comprehensive benefits program at minimal cost. Benefits include several health insurance choices, retirement plans, dependent care plan, tax-deferral plans, disability coverage, dental, vision and life insurance plans. Benefits described on this site will differ according to the employees management status or union affiliation. The Office of Human Resources staff stands ready to provide counseling and information services to faculty and staff.
Current Employee Benefits
- Baby Bonding Program (pdf)
- Benefit Information
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Faculty & Staff PC Discount Program: Apple | Dell
- Flexible Spending 2013 Enrollment Campaign (pdf)
- Helpful Telephone Numbers (pdf)
- NYS Balance (pdf) February 2013: Where's the Love? ♥
- NYS Balance Webinars: January-June 2013 ♦ July-December 2013
- NYS Balance: Advertisement Promising Debt Relief May Be Offering Bankruptcy (pdf)
- NYS Balance: Learning to Relax (pdf)
- NYS Balance: Resources and Referral (pdf)
- SUNY Discount Programs
- SUNY Perks (pdf)
- UBMicro Computer and Software Discounts
- Verizon Wireless (pdf)
Prospective Employee Benefits
- Benefit Information for:
- Orientation to Employment in New York State
Training and Development
In an effort to support and promote the professional development, the Human Resources Office has listed training and development programs. These programs, services, workshops and seminars provide opportunities for personal and professional growth. In addition, they are intended to meet some of SUNYIT's training and organizational development needs. We hope that you will take advantage of the offerings that are appropriate to your personal, professional, and /or organizational needs. Other educational opportunities made available to State University of New York (SUNY) employees. Employees are encouraged to consult with the Office of Human Resources regarding specific programs.
Important Phone Numbers
For your convenience, we have provided a list of telephone numbers which will put you in direct contact with various benefit providers. The Office of Human Resources will be happy to provide you with assistance should you need additional benefit information.